The Sugar Show Ep 11: Getting Started with Sugaring: A Step-By-Step Guide for Launching Your Sugaring Business
Shannon Sophia, The SugarMama®
Are you looking to take your skin care business to the next level? Have you heard about the wonders of sugaring, but you’re not quite sure where to start?
If you’re ready to take the sugaring plunge, we’ve got you covered. In this episode of The Sugar Show, the SugarMama® shares the tips and tricks you need to get started with sugaring.
Here’s a sneak peek into her sugaring playbook:
Find a skilled, certified sugar professional near you on www.thesugarnetwork.com.
- Get certified, first with an online training, then with a hands-on course.
- Hone your skills by practicing on family and friends.
- Choose a preferred sugar product line.
- Establish a passionate promotion plan.
- And maybe even start your own specialty sugaring studio along the way!
People LOVE sugaring, so it’s about time you hop on the trend! But before you start, you’ll want to make sure you have a solid plan in place, so you can get the most out of this incredible practice for both your clients and yourself. The Sugar Show can help you get there!
- “I want you to get sugared. If you haven’t already experienced body sugaring for yourself, I want you to find a skilled, certified sugaring professional near you and get yourself sugared...so that you can experience what your clients will be experiencing.” (2:09-2:33)
- “Make sure that you establish a base of clients and sugar fans. Create that buzz, have a baseline of people that can sing your praises, encourage and reward your fans for spreading the good work about sugar because once they experience the difference, they’re going to be hooked. So having a loyal foundation will be the stronghold for you to consider the next steps of starting your own business.” (8:56-9:22)
- “Get [your clients] to understand that sugar is the best choice because (1) it’s not hot, it’s never going to burn your clients, (2) it’s all natural, it’s just lemon, sugar and water, (3) there’s going to be less ingrowns because we remove the hair out in the direction of hair growth and we’re not traumatizing the skin, (4) it’s great for sensitive skin, so those people who can’t wax can usually sugar, (5) there’s less mess, it’s sanitary, it’s antibacterial, antimicrobial. There’s so many reasons to love sugar. Really wrap your arms around that for yourself and for your clients.” (12:20-13:04)
NEED MORE SUGAR INSPIRATION?
Get your Sugaring Business found and network with the sugaring industry by joining The SugarNetwork and tagging your sugaring biz on @TheSugarNetwork on IG!
To meet more inspiring Sugarists and business masters, join us in the Love2Sugar FB Community for more knowledge!
Join us on the ‘gram: @love2sugar
Did you enjoy this Sweet Episode? Be sure to hit SUBSCRIBE + leave a REVIEW and tell us why! Thank you for joining us on this sugar journey.