The Sugar Show Ep 12: So I Started My Sugar Business…Now What? Tips for Effectively Streamlining Your Services
Shannon Sophia, The SugarMama®
Are you a seasoned sugar professional who is swamped with work as the world starts to reopen? Are clients flocking to your doorstep after months of hearing about the wonders of sugar through friends, family and social media?
This is a great problem to have…right? Even though it’s a wonderful feeling to have a solid client base, it’s also exhausting when you can’t accommodate everyone who’s seeking out your services.
If this problem feels familiar, you’ll definitely want to tune into this week’s episode of The Sugar Show. Here’s a sneak peek into the SugarMama’s playbook for streamlining and expanding your sugar business.
- First, take a moment to recognize your success. There was once a time when you didn’t know how you would get to this point, and now you have. Be proud of yourself and acknowledge that you are going to overcome this hurdle, too!
Streamline your business. Most of the time, immediately looking to expand is a mistake. First, look to the ways that you can streamline your business operation and make your hours count!
- Bring on an assistant! Most people don’t need to hire another aesthetician in the early stages of their business. Instead, bring on someone who can take administrative duties off your plate, so you can really focus on your sugar ball.
- Expand your business…but only after you have completed all of the above steps! We can’t emphasize enough how important it is to attend to your own house before you start bringing new hires into the mix.
Remember how far you’ve come and know that there is a clear path to managing your client base, so you can find joy both inside and outside of your business. If you need additional support along the way, know that the Sugar Tribe is always here to help. Cheers to you!
- “I want you to stop. I don’t want you to stop sugaring, but I want you to stop. I want you to close the door of your treatment room, I want you to sit on the bed or sit on the comfy chair that’s inside your room, and I want you to recognize your success.” (5:29-5:47) → AUDIOGRAM
- “For right now, I want you to unleash that feeling of responsibility and streamline you.... I want to ask you to really be mindful of what your day is like. Are you getting enough sleep? Are you starting your day with a morning routine and gratitude?....Take a moment and breathe and say, ‘Ok, how can I be smart in my day today?’” (11:20-12:13)
- “You do not have to add on every single client in your city to double your income and make your time smarter.” (16:23-16:33)
- “I know that you might be tired and bringing on more people sounds like the solution, but it isn’t necessarily the solution. It really is a skillset to manage other people.” (24:53-25:08)
NEED MORE SUGAR INSPIRATION?
Get your Sugaring Business found and network with the sugaring industry by joining The SugarNetwork and tagging your sugaring biz on @TheSugarNetwork on IG!
To meet more inspiring Sugarists and business masters, join us in the Love2Sugar FB Community for more knowledge!
Join us on the ‘gram: @love2sugar
Did you enjoy this Sweet Episode? Be sure to h